Our signature gourmet rice now at your fingertips. A savory blend of ginger, curry and other secret spices. This Jollof Rice Spice reduces the chore of making Jollof Rice. Perfect for the Vegan (Vegetarian). Parboiled is the recommended rice for this spice. Note: Do not use Brown Rice, Jasmine or Quick Rice.
Yield with 21 ounces of Rice is 5 pounds
:: Servings is 10 if Serving size is 8 ounces (227 grams)
TOOLS NEEDED: Blender and Large Pot
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT NEEDED:
(a) Bell Pepper - 3 oz (b) Hunt's® Tomato Paste - 7 oz
(c) 8 cups of water (d) Olive Oil - 8 oz
(e) Parboiled Rice - 21 oz (f) Mixed Vegetables - 7 oz
1. In a blender, add Bell Peppers, Tomato Paste, 2 cups of water and puree.
:: Pour mixture into large pot.
:: Rinse blender out into pot with 2 more cups of water.
2. Add entire Jollof Rice Spice packet, oil and 4 cups of water to large pot.
3. Stir mixture until smooth.
4. Boil on medium high for 30 minutes or until mixture is slightly thick
:: Stir every 10 minutes.
5. Pour hot sauce into a baking pan, add rice - mix well together.
6. Set oven to 400 degrees.
7. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, cover baking pan with foil.
:: Stir rice and sauce 15 minutes from time placed in oven to be sure all rice and sauce are mixed well.
8. After 30 minutes, turn oven off. Take baking pan out and add mixed vegetables, mix well into rice.
9. Cover baking pan back with foil and put back in hot oven (but turned off) for another 30 minutes.